Thursday, November 29, 2007

Playing in the Jungle

Today one of my old fraternity brothers, Jimmy, brought his kid to the studio. Friend and I were in the same fraternity in college. He was actually my little brother as homosexual as it sounds. We gave him the inside tour and Friend had to run off in the middle of the tour because he had to tend to business so I took my Jimmy around the place and we went back to my office. We started talking about fraternity parties and the state of the business now and his kid made his way into friend’s office.

I went in his office to check on them to make sure the kid wasn’t driving him nuts and Friend was reading a script while the kid was playing some stupid game on his computer. Friend has this huge screen that hangs on his wall that serves as a computer screen while in the office. The kid was playing this stupid game where the abominable snowman hits a penguin like a golf ball with a flamingo golf club. Friend kind of rolled his eyes and I went back to my office.

Jimmy left the studio and we hooked him up with some t-shirts and dvds for the road. I sit down in my office waiting to see some of the first scenes from the prostitution movie when I hear this cartoonish voice coming from friends room. I try to focus on the cuts from the movie but I keep hearing something from Friend’s office. I walk in and he’s playing this dumbass game that Jimmy’s kid was playing. It’s called Yeti Sports Flamingo Drive. You can find it here.

Friend was cursing at his computer the way someone would at a horserace where they had bet millions. I kept overhearing him cursing at snakes and yelling, “Damn bird.” I ask him if he’s going to do any work today and he says that he has a meeting with Topher Grace at 3 but until then he’s going to set a new high score. He calls me a pussy bitch and says that I can’t beat his score of 4,812.

I love a challenge so I paused the prostitution movie and I’ve been playing the game ever since. The ape whistles for the flamingo and the flamingo turns into a makeshift golf club. He hits the penguin which represents the golf ball and he flies through the air and luckily hits a snake which propels him forward. You don’t want to hit a fucking giraffe because that sucks. Go under the giraffe and stay away from the elephants. The bottom panoramic screen gives you a view of what’s ahead and you need to use that to your advantage.

Before, I knew it the whole office is competing at this game and no one is doing anything. We all through twenty bucks in a pot and the high score at the end of the day took home the crown. You had to take a screen capture which is shift, apple, and 3. Then you had to post it to the server and Friend would award the winner in his office. I’m plugging away at the game trying to break the score. I finally get 4,834 and I walk into Friend’s office to see Topher Grace on Friend’s Macbook Pro and Ashton Kutcher on his other computer. My assistant (yes the one with the boobs) took home the crown and won $980. Well, time to get back to the game.

LD

Here is an example of a weak performance:

0 Comments:

Google
 

© Blogger Templates |Tech Blog