Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Almost Thanksgiving...

Oh yeah! Thanksgiving is nearing. Like tomorrow. It actually kind of snuck up on me again. I say “again” because it always does. In Los Angeles the weather doesn’t give out any hints that the holidays are on their way. This city is located in one of seven small Mediterranean Climate locations in the entire world. Weather pretty much stays the same all the time. When I first moved out here, I wasn’t used to it at all. I completely missed Thanksgiving that year, and almost missed Christmas too. Back where I’m from, I would know it was time for the holidays because of the season cues: leaves changing colors, cooler temperatures, and ultimately snow on the ground. I thought I would get used to not having those reminders, but every year it’s the same surprise. This year I was reminded of the holiday from shit loads of junk email that came telling me about all the different “Day After Thanksgiving Sales.”

You couldn’t pay me to get out in the middle of that shit. The traffic, the lines, the parking… it’s hell on earth. “But, it’s the biggest shopping day of the year.” I know. That’s why I’m staying home. Not just because I’m rich, but because I am smart. I avoided this day even back when I was poor. People turn ridiculously mad when the idea of saving money enters their heads. They go crazy. They camp outside of stores the night before, just so they can wait in line for another 3 hours to save $45 on a no-name brand piece of shit 15” Flat Screen TV. It’s not even HD, who cares if it’s a hundred and thirty bucks; you’re going to have to throw it away in a year.

Wow, then there are the Cell Phone commercials on TV. All the major players in the cell phone game are pushing their new phone: Samsung, Verizon, Motorolla, T-moble. It doesn’t matter. Just stop. Seriously….Stop. Save your money on advertising. Use that money to come up with a new product all together. The cell phone gig is up. Why in the hell would anyone buy your new cellular when they can buy an iPhone? Have you seen that thing? Yeah, there is nothing you can create that will compete with it. It doesn’t matter how small you make it, how you arrange the buttons, or even what colors it comes in. I don’t want it. Other people may argue that Apple still has their fair share of commercials out there for the iPhone. It’s true, they do, and they suck as well. It show’s all its features, its sleek design, and its user-friendliness. Don’t get me wrong, it’s great, but all they need to say on the commercial is:

iPhone. If you’re seriously thinking about buying a phone other than this one… you are a fucking idiot.

AJ

0 Comments:

Google
 

© Blogger Templates |Tech Blog