Friday, December 14, 2007

My Life and My Wife

My wife has never really been into the whole celebrity thing, but she loves the Hollywood lifestyle. She’s always been a networker and a greeter. She loves interaction whereas I’m more introverted. It has been said that you can differentiate between an extrovert and an introvert based upon where their energy comes from. An extrovert gets his or her energy from interacting with others and an introvert gets his or her energy from alone time. I’m an introvert with extrovert tendencies, which means I can be as good as an extrovert in a social setting but I just have to work a lot harder.

When you become big in Hollywood, you get a publicist. Your manager tells you what steps you should take in your career to better your longevity. Your agent solicits new work and advises you on projects. Your publicists tells you what steps to take to improve your image in the perception of the public and future employers (such as myself).

The first thing a publicist will often tell a new client is that he or she needs to date a celebrity. This is usually true because the relationship will raise the status of both celebrities because now they are a unified front and get a name like Brangelina. This is advisable for anyone in the business because it’s hard for an outsider to understand the pressures and the lifestyles of this business. The industry can make you nuts and that’s hard to take in from (as I like to call it) a Johnny Random perspective.

My wife and I have to find ways to balance out our lives. She is usually busier than I am hosting parties and doing charity events. If you add shopping to that schedule you’ve got a full day. I go to bed in the wee hours of the morning and get up at the crack of dawn. She’s usually off and running before I even get ready and it takes her a long time to get ready. We live and learn and we made a decision early in our marriage to not let this business ruin us, and with effort we’ve made it work.

LD

0 Comments:

Google
 

© Blogger Templates |Tech Blog